Sunday, September 8, 2013

There are parks and then there are parks

My folks have taken me to any number of parks.  Lake Pine park is nice.  I get to see and sometimes meet some dogs and kids.  Its a nice walk around the lake and they usually bring me water and a bowl to drink from after we finish the walk.  There are lots of new smells and sometimes I stop and smell the roses (according to dad, but I don't think the smells I smell are roses); sometimes I rush ahead to chase a frog or cricket; sometimes I try to run with a person who passes by us (jogging its called - my dad does not do that, yet).
We went to Raven Rock earlier and that is a really nice park.  I met fewer new friends there but the steps up and down to the river and rock face were really cool.
By far my favorite park is the new dog park in Apex.  Did you know they make parks just for dogs (but they do allow humans to go in too)?  Well, they do.
You can go to the park and once there you get to run off the leash!  My folks did not know how fast I cold run until we visited the park.  I sure showed them my blinding speed!!!  And there are other dogs there too, so I got to meet lots of new friends and play tag and chase.  One dog was playing ball - oh how I loved to race him to the ball.  I myself am indifferent about playing ball but I love to race with other dogs.  OH, and they have water bowl that just keeps filling up without my dad having to do anything.  Dad was watching me run and I heard him tell mom that it was the best thirty dollars they had ever spent.  I have no idea what that was about but I am glad my mom and dad are pleased with the dog park.  'Cause it is my favorite!
Dad said they city of Apex (whatever that means) is going to open a second dog park this year and that is so close we might be able to walk to it instead of taking the car.  That is kinda exciting and sad-I love riding in the car but I love walking even more!
My chew toy is calling, gotta go....

No comments:

Post a Comment