Monday, September 2, 2013

Walking Across North Carolina



My people took me on a car ride the other day and I was really not too sure about it - the ride, where were we going, etc.  We rode for a while and stopped at a place called subway where mom and dad got something called a sandwich.  So many things for me to learn about!  But while we waited in the drive through (I think it should be called a sit-through - we did more sittin' than drivin') I decided I wanted to get out of the Smartcar.  Mom took me out while dad waited for the sandwiches.  I investigated any number of things and then mom said it was time to get back in the car, so we did.

After some more driving we got to a place called Raven Rock State Park.  OH BOY!  There were lots of friendly dogs.  And little people - I LOVE little people.  They are so cute and I can lick them in the face before they know I was even thinking about licking them.

This place has walking paths for everyone.  We went to the path that had a sign - dad read it for me - that said Raven Rock with an arrow.  This made dad sing a song about him and someone called Arrow - Me and my Arrow he said it was called.  I had never heard it and, really, wonder how popular it could have been given his rendition of it.

The paths had lots of smells and we stopped and started a lot.  Sometime we went uphill and over some big steps and sometimes we went down hill and over some big steps.  Dad said I took them real well.  Dad is like that - compliments me on the least little thing.  I am trying to get use to it.

Then we came to a big staircase.  Step and step and straight down.  I started out in front but about midway I let dad go first (those things never seemed to stop).  Finally we got to the bottom and saw these big rock cliffs and a large river.  It was cooler there than on the steps and very pretty.  We paused for a couple of pictures.

Then we climbed up all those steps - nobody warned me about that part of the walk.  I was a tuckered out pup, I can tell you.  But we still had the other half of the walking path to do.  So we set out but I was not pulling ahead as I had done when we started.  Dad had planned ahead and when we got to the car he had brought me some water and a bowl.  YEAH DAD!  Mom held me while dad poured the water and I had a nice long drink.

Then we came home in the Smartcar.  I like walks and can't wait for my next one.  I heard mom and dad talking about a dog park.  That sounds a-ok with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment