Thursday, September 18, 2014

Oops, catching up

Well, it has been a while since I posted.  What can I tell you? I am a busy dog.

We have a new dog park in my town.  Its fun and I like meeting new friends there.  I love the stick game.  My dad gets me a nice size stick - not too long, not too short, not too fat - and I play keep away from the other dogs.  If they try to ignore me I run into them - that gets their attention.  It is the most fun when I run and they chase me.  Now and then some dog catches me and my stick but that is ok - I just go grab a new stick and start all over.

My mom likes to walk with me around the lake.  She is home more these days - I think its because she is tired, no that is not the word... OH!  Retired.  Not sure how you get retired but she seems to like it a whole bunch.  I do to because she is at home with me more.

My dad has a project in the back yard.  He calls it a shed.  He is making a lot of loud noises - bang, bang, bang and then he yells - OUCH!  Then he does a little dance - and I would dance with him but he makes me stay on the deck.  But I got him good the other day.

Dad had me on the deck with his made up gate thingy (his words, not mine).  When he was banging and dancing I found out if I pushed the gate thingy it wold fall down out of my way.  I was sitting there watching dad bang, bang, bang, OUCH and dance when suddenly he looked right at me.  He asked me what I was doing (my dad is evidently not the sharpest tool in the shed).  I just sat there and turned my head to the right and then left while wagging my tail.

I am watching you, Dad, I said.  He pretended not to hear me and asked me - are you watching me (Duh!) little one?  Then we walked back to the deck and he let me on the screened in porch.  I am working on how to get out of that place and will let you know when I do.

Sorry I was gone so long.  I promise to be back sooner next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment