Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Dad's up to something

In my backyard my dad is up to something.  He was digging - but I was not allowed - holes in the ground.  He put some large straight branches in the holes and then filled the hole with something called cement.  Next thing you know these limbs have something running between them and dad has a platform of some sort to stand on.  I know all this as I watched from the back deck.

Now the thing is the back deck does not have a door to close so dad puts up a "gate" made up of wood and screen. I never touched the wood and screen gate until the other day.  Dad has been out on that platform a whole bunch lately and not paying me any attention.  Well, I nosed the gate and it fell over - quicker than you can say Bob's your uncle I jumped off the deck clean over the gate and stairs and all.  Now in the back yard I began to play but eventually went over to my dad.

Dad was busy, very busy.  So I sat down to watch him.  It took a while but he finally looked up and saw me.  HA!  I could have been half way around the block before he saw me.  Then he looked up and said - "Hey girl, aren't you a cute little doggie?"  Duh, of course I am I thought but instead of barking I just tilted my head to the right and then all the way over to the left.  My dad burst out laughing and we played for a little while until he had to get back on the shed thingy.

Here is a picture of me taken from the shed.  And a picture or two of the


shed to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment